2.17.2010
Valentine's Day
Ahh, I love my girlfriends. I especially love when my girlfriends share my "passion" for silly old holidays and smutty old love stories. This Sunday, my dear friend Rachel and I rendezvoused for a night on the town. We decided to see Valentine's Day. I'm such a sucker for a good love story. And, this movie totally did it for me. It reallyyyy got panned by the critics, but, as a hopeless romantic, I was satisfied.
I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day. I think it's a corny Hallmark holiday. But, I guess I kind of love it, too. It gives me the chance to sent out some snail mail to my dearest friends and hangout with my closest pals. I was going to share some insight on the holiday and what all of the history books say... (Apparently the real deal isn't all roses and cupids...) But, I've decided against it. In reality, I don't think I need a holiday to tell those people I love them... That I love them... But, I do think I should take every opportunity to reflect on why I love those that I love. And, Valentine's Day is an opportunity to do so.
So then, I had some Valentine's Day candy and spent the evening with a a dear childhood friend. And, that's all I need. :) Happy Belated Valentine's Day!
labels:
bridging the gap,
FOOD,
gems,
new york
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
cue the love notes - right here. ;)