2.23.2010

The Man's Hair was Blue


New Yorkers are pretty candid. And, it's pretty refreshing. 

As I sat on the subway on my way home from Brooklyn this evening, a nice looking gentleman got on board at Wall Street and sat down in the free seat next to me. I glanced up from my book (currently reading Lolita) and gave the man a courtesy smile. 

And then a double take. 

The man's hair was blue. I grinned sheepishly and he grinned sheepishly back. An interesting conversation ensued... 

Blueberry Man (BM): "You can say it. I know my hair is blue." 
(I bursted out laughing.) 
Giggling Lauren (GL): "Wow, yes it is." 
BM: "I fell asleep drunk this weekend and my friends dyed my hair. One of them is a cosmetology student." 
GL: "Crappy weekend, huh?" 
BM: "You have no idea. Work was a lot of fun yesterday."
GL: "Haha! Happy Monday! And it won't come out?" 
BM: "You bet I tried."  
GL: "At least you're not lacking any good nicknames now." 
BM: "Haha! You have no idea." 

And then we chatted casually about the weather. I'll admit I like a good joke as much as the next gal... But blue hair falls in the sketchy friends category. Bless this guy's heart for not shaving his head. Haha!

1 comment:

cue the love notes - right here. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails