Week 2 is officially half over. Amen! Things have calmed down quite a bit, and I'm already looking forward to the weekend. However, I'm finding it somewhat disappointing that I've already scheduled study-time during what was originally set-aside as down-time. Problematic? Indeed. Necessary? Unfortunately.
With the craziness that has been the past week and a half, I've realized how obsessed I am with post-it notes. They may just be one of the coolest darn things around. I've been posting them everywhere as mini-reminders of all the things I need to accomplish. Nerdy? Oh yes. My mom, sister and I used to tease that shopping in the office supplies aisle at Target is one of the coolest things ever. (Wow, too much information.) I'm getting somewhere with this... Slowly, but surely...
So anyhoo, as I was killing the three extra minutes I had this evening - perusing through the lovely office gadgets on target.com, I realized how therapeutic shopping for such merchandise is for me. And then, it hit me. I'll be a student for the rest of my life... No need to panic Mom and Dad, I'll let go of my pursuit of formal education sometime after I obtain my PhD ;), but I will certainly not forfeit my desire to learn new things... So, in honor of such an agenda, I'd like to make a brief outline of things I'd like to learn in this lifetime... Naturally, the list is flexible. I'll add and subtract as things progress... Note: I'm actively recruiting teachers in any of these fields. Send me your resumes! ;)
1. Learn how to knit.
2. Learn how to develop photographs the old-fashioned way - in a dark room.
3. Learn how to speed-read. (And retain what I've read.)
4. Learn how to surf. Well.
5. Learn how to drive a manual (stick-shift) vehicle.
6. Learn how to take a compliment. (Not as easy as it sounds!)
7. Learn how to skate-board.
8. Learn how to play Pachelbel Canon in D Minor on the piano.
9. Learn how to speak Spanish, fluently.
10. Learn how to juggle.
11. Learn how to wiggle my ears.
12. Learn how to tell a joke without smirking before the punch-line.
13. Learn a secret hand-shake and execute it weekly.
14. More to come...
I can help you with # 1, 10, and 13.... Call me! xoxo
ReplyDeleteAs I recall I tried, to no avail; on several occasions to help with item number 5 on the list!
ReplyDeleteI'm all over number 13 - Monday it's happening.
ReplyDeleteNumber 12 is impossible for you. I know.
ReplyDelete